Friday, February 8, 2008

Happy chinese new year!!!

I am so sorry for both waiting so long before posting and losing all the info I have prepared for this posts. College had just started and I was still trying to adjust to the workload and working and the optometrist. I am such a unorganized person!!! All my papers were thrown away by a family member for the New Years cleaning. sigh** However on the other hand, I think I found a egg white replacement!! WHOOPDIEE DOO MARSHMELLOWS FOR ALL!!! Don't think it can be baked for a pavlova though.

Pictures Pictures!!

I was trying to experiment and see what can happen but I never would've guessed it would resemble egg white so much that it can form that sift of a peak. In other words, what I'm trying to say is that I made a bunch and did not have a recipe for it so I ended up eating it and scaring my mom pretending to be a rabid dog. Ahhh all that air in my tummy. BurP**


What I had planned to post this week was LowFat Banana Raspberry Muffins and it actually had a nice crumb and it wasn't disgustingly soggy or any of that good stuff but unfortunate I lost it. Hopefully I can replicate this recipe again.

I'll just post pictures

More picture for the previous steam bun entry


The bun's really tender

The delcious sesame seed paste!

My would have been muffins


I like the crumb. It kinda reminds me of those Chinese fatt koh.

HUGEE bowl of fluff!!

More or less nice hole. Well the point is, is that it retains that hole and the fluff does not sink in like how a peak does not fall if the "egg whites" are stiff enough.

Yay it defies gravity!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If that's not egg white, what substitite did you use? I'm trying to find something that'll do what you described!

VeggieHead said...

I've been trying to experiment with it but when I add other ingredients into this mixture, it deflates.

It's actually soy milk believe it or not. It's Zensoy. I've tried this method other soymilk like Vitasoy, Silk soy milk and 8th Continent but it did not become as stiff as ZenSoy.