Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Day with lots of green and lots of orange

Green Tea Noodle with Spinach Cilantro Pesto and Artichokes


Tomorrow I have jury duty. It's my first experience and I didn't know that I would be there long enough to eat lunch so I have the option of bringing or buying my lunch. I know the neighborhood is not vegan friendly at all so I am bringing my own. I just bought some fresh spinach and cilantro so I wanted to use it while it's fresh. I was skimming through Veganomicon and found the perfect recipe, Spinach Linguine with Basil Cilantro Pesto and Artichoke. Instead of using the basil and spinach linguine, I used the spinach and green tea noodles. I also used some frozen artichoke instead and grab a handful of chopped spinach.

BBQ TVP Wrap
My boy friend and I also made some delicious BBQ TVP wraps. My boyfriend is unknown to the world of TVP so we made some today the BBQ Pomegranate Tofu recipe from Vegan with a Vengeance. We obviously didn't tofu. We followed the recipe pretty through and thought except we used onions instead of shallots and we used a bit more than the recipe suggested. We didn't reconstitute the TVP instead we let it simmer in the delicious BBQ sauce so it can absorb even more flavor. We added the TVP after all the ingredients were added and combined to make the BBQ sauce and we threw in a cup of huge TVP chunks and we cooked it for about 15 minutes. Then we let it gently simmer with the lid on for about 20 minutes so that we don't lose even more moister. Just check it occasionally to see if it is sticking or burning. Then we uncovered it and we cooked it for about 5 more minutes. We served it on a tortilla wrap with some cucumbers and tomatoes. Nothing special but the TVP tasted great! Too bad we didn't take any photos.

No comments: