Friday, February 23, 2007

WHAT?!!! Peta's vegan list is not so vegan?!

I can't Believe that "I Can't Believe it's Vegan" is Not Really Vegan!!

I Can't Believe it's Vegan

These two lists from these two well known site are seen over the web. Well I don't know about you, but when i google vegetarian food list, those are the lists I see in peoples site. The same exact list (plagiarized) I kind of get the impression that these two list are widely used by many vegans and vegetarian. I'm sorry to burst people's bubble but i must inform you that not all the items on the list are vegan let alone vegetarian. I am not trying to give PETA and Vegcooking a negative publicity but I don't want vegetarians and vegans following a list that may contain by products of animals.

I've contacted Kelloggs and Post through email for my own personal needs and I found out that none of the Kellogg's cereal are vegan or vegetarian. I also found out that none of the Post cereal are vegan or vegetarian with the exception of Shredded Wheats which does not contain Vitamin D3.

Here are the proof:

Email from Kelloggs

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At the bottom of the "I can't believe it's vegan!" page:

"*Items listed may contain trace amounts of animal-derived ingredients. While PETA supports a strict adherence to veganism, we put the task of vigorously reducing animal suffering ahead of personal purity. Boycotting products that are 99.9 percent vegan sends the message to manufacturers that there is no market for this food, which ends up hurting more animals. For a more detailed explanation of PETA’s position, please visit http://www.caringconsumer.com/labels.html."

as long as people read, they know.